Looking for a Simple Doubly Linked List Implementation

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:08:24 UTC 2019

On Monday, 23 September 2019 at 22:40:41 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> So, what was it then? Append to an array, sort it, and be
> happy? :)
>
> Ali

Hi, Ali,

It turns out that the GTK Notebook has its own built-in mechanism
for tracking tabs. Two things got me going down the wrong road on
this:

1) the fact that Notebook.appendPage() returns an ever-increasing
index each time a page is added, and
2) trying to quit caffeine.

I chased my tail for a full week (seriously: a full week!) trying
to come up with a way to track tabs. Then I got tired of doing
face-plants on my desk, took up coffee again, and solved it in
three hours.

The moral of the story is: don't quit coffee until you have
nothing left to contribute to this world. :)