unable to link to python3.7m using pyd and conda

Cesar cesar.rdz.v at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 13:29:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to get started using pyd with
https://github.com/Superbelko/pyd-min as an example and I am
getting an error from the linker:

     minpyd ~master: building configuration "application"...
     Linking...
     /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython3.7m
     Error: linker exited with status 1
     dmd failed with exit code 1.

I did not modify anything from that sample code. This is a
proof-of-concept and then I would move to a larger D project and
Python library which uses a specific conda environment.

If I take out the pyd subConfiguration from dub.json, the build
succeeds but then it picks up my system-wide python 2.7.

Does anyone know how I can indicate the linker where to look for
python3.7m? How can I configure pyd to use python from my conda
environment? As a small note, I am quite new to D, so I may have
missed something obvious.

Best regards
Cesar