Help making a game with transparency

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 11:28:35 UTC 2019

On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 02:54:27 UTC, Murilo wrote:
> Hi guys, I am making a game but for some reason the sprites do
> not show with the transparent background that they were
> supposed to. I'm using the arsd library. Can anyone help me?

Sorry this is a bit vague. I suppose you're using engine.d or
screen.d directly right?

Depending on your setup (OpenGL or Software) transparency will be
different.

For example take a look at line 733, putpixel function and you'll
see that It handle Color differently if it's OpenGL x Software
and for the latter it checks if 32bpp or less.

Now if it's OpenGL take a look for "Alpha".

Matheus.