Help making a game with transparency

Murilo murilomiranda92 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 21:16:07 UTC 2019

On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 17:53:33 UTC, matheus wrote:
> On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 16:36:14 UTC, Murilo wrote:
>> ...Do you know the arsd library?
>
> Yes but I use mostly terminal.d and others.
>
> On the other hand I use to code games too using SDL and OpenGL.
>
> I know for example in OpenGL you can do:
> glEnable(GL_ALPHA_TEST); to enable alpha channel and set
> transparency.
>
> Matheus.

Thanks, but I don't know how that will fit in my code. I will
show up a code snippet and you tell me how I can use your idea in
it, okay?

import arsd.image, arsd.simpledisplay;

void main()
{
     auto memImgShip = loadImageFromFile("ship.png"),
memImgBackground = loadImageFromFile("background.png");
     auto imgShip = Image.fromMemoryImage(memImgShip),
imgBackground = Image.fromMemoryImage(memImgBackground);
     auto window = new SimpleWindow;
     window.eventLoop(10,
     {
         auto painter = window.draw;
         painter.drawImage(Point(0, 0), imgBackground);
         painter.drawImage(Point(100, 100), imgShip);
     });
}

Here it is, how do I make the ship have a transparent background?