How to deploy on GitHub pages

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Wed Apr 1 06:46:55 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 12:52:09 UTC, Ahmat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to use vibe.d for my personal website hosted on Github
> pages. I am not familiar with vibe.d and I am confused about
> how to approach this.
>
> Any suggestions, ideas ? I will appreciate your help.

as Mathias said, GitHub only allows hosting static content so
vibe.d (just like node.js) won't work there.

What you could do is just write your page in normal HTML or
generate HTML pages from some D script. (for example you could do
markdown to HTML conversion for a blog)

If you want to experiment a little bit with WebAssembly, you
could try out spasm. (https://code.dlang.org/packages/spasm) It
will compile D to an executable for the frontend (for the
browser) but it currently uses betterC so it won't support phobos
and the D runtime, so it would be a lot like writing C plus
templates and memory safety features like array slices.