D on android and d_android

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:06:16 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 14:51:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> 1) Follow LDC wiki to build an Android cross-compiler and
> cross-compiled
>    LDC libraries (this may already be prepackaged with the
> latest LDC
>    releases).

They are - this is all automatic just-works now (if you download
the right versions - my android-setup.d will grab the appropriate
binaries from ldc repo for you).

> 6) Cross-compile D code with LDC:

And my android-setup.d also changes the ldc config file to
automate most this - you just set the mtriple (and optionally,
mcpu) and the rest is automatic too.

I've had more bugs than time so the full-on "just works" promise
is "your mileage may vary" but it is really getting simplified
for these two steps.