odd atomicOp errors from vibe-core

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:32:14 UTC 2020

On Friday, 10 April 2020 at 03:26:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 4/9/20 11:22 PM, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> On Friday, 10 April 2020 at 01:54:14 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>> wrote:
>>> I'm building a library that uses vibe-core as an indirect
>>> dependency. Specifically, I'm testing the library with dub
>>> test.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Those are signed unsigned mismatches when it tries to lock.
>> that's probably in vibe-d
>
> Can you explain why I do not get the errors when I have taken
> care of my errors?
>
> It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
>
> -Steve

I've observed this behavior as well. From what  can tell, it's a
false positive that only shows up in the presence of previous
error. I'd say that has something to do with the way the compiler
do semantic analysis. My money is on the fact that `core.atomic`
is special, and that something else (bad error gagging, perhaps?)
triggers an error. As far as I can tell, it is safe to ignore.

If you can reduce it to something small enough, I'd say it's
worthy of an issue tho.