Link error undefined symbol: __imp__InterlockedIncrement at 4 on windows

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:45:37 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 9 April 2020 at 14:07:10 UTC, Clayton Alves wrote:
> I'm trying to compile my first hello world dub project, but
> when I run "dub" it spits this error:
>
> lld-link: error: undefined symbol: __imp__InterlockedIncrement at 4
>
> Does anybody have any clues what is going on ?

This is from WinAPI, a very common one
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winnt/nf-winnt-interlockedincrement

It seems shipped version of kernel32.lib is missing that symbol.
If you don't mind installing Windows SDK and build tools this is
usually the way to go.

On the other hand if you are specifically looking to use minimal
as possible setup you could also try LDC (assuming you've been
using DMD)