Github vs Bugzilla for submitting a PR/issue.

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:20:59 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 April 2020 at 21:32:43 UTC, Adnan wrote:
> On Monday, 13 April 2020 at 21:31:49 UTC, Adnan wrote:
>> I'm a bit confused about D's development process. I've seen
>> people discussing DIPs in Github. I've also seen people
>> discuss internal issues in bugzilla. How do these to correlate?
>>
>> I'm not very familiar with bugzilla, last time I reported an
>> issue about a documentation in the std, I was forwarded to
>> bugzilla. I feel that I could have fixed it myself and submit
>> a PR to the main repo but I wasn't sure if that's how it
>> works. So I ended up just reporting an issue and I couldn't
>> even find the thread anymore and a week or two later they
>> fixed it.

Issues are reported in Bugzilla. Github PRs fixing them should
include the issue number in the title. Typically, if you find a
bug and want to fix it, you forst report it on Bugzilla then
submit a PR to the appropriate repository.

See:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor

> Threre's also this: https://forum.dlang.org/group/issues where
> people seem to discuss issues as well.

That forum is automatically updated from Bugzilla. The
discussions are happening in comments on Bugzilla issues.