make dub use my version of dmd

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Apr 16 19:34:57 UTC 2020

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:41:14 PM MDT Steven Schveighoffer via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > OK, I thought, just put it in ~/bin, and run it from there. Doesn't
> > work, now it looks in ~/bin (where there is no compiler), and fails.
>
> I wish I could delete this idiotic post.
>
> I had a broken link to a dmd compiler in ~/bin. Removing that now it
> works.
>
> Carry on everyone...

LOL. Well, things like that happen to us all from time to time. I don't even
want to think about how much of my life I've wasted because of my own
stupidity with stuff like this...

I _was_ going to suggest just building dub yourself, since that's what I
have on my system (with it in ~/bin), and I've never had this problem, but
clearly, you found the issue. :)

- Jonathan M Davis