Can I use dub to build multiple app.d files?

Selim sozel at wpi.edu
Tue Apr 21 18:45:47 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 21 April 2020 at 17:50:03 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 April 2020 at 16:14:54 UTC, Selim wrote:
>> Hi there. I have been using dub for a while now -maybe 12
>> months- but I haven't been able to figure out if you can build
>> multiple app.d files with it. Is it possible to use dub run
>> command to build multiple executables in one shot?
>>
>> Maybe the question is weird, because dub might not be the tool
>> to do that sort of thing. In that case, I would appreciate
>> pointers.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Selim
>
> Hi Selim,
>
> Yes it is supported. In dub.json you set targetType of your
> main dub package to none and add several sub packages (with
> targetType executable).
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

Thanks again for the fast reply, Andre! I used your answer as a
guide and found about sub packages example in [1]. And used the
command line example from stack overflow [2]: dub run
mainPackageName:<subPackageName>. It got me what I wanted.

[1] https://dub.pm/package-format-sdl.html#target-types
[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35319543/how-to-add-and-run-subpackages-in-dub