GUI library for DMD 2.090 or DMD 2.091

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Apr 25 11:07:46 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-04-25 at 09:30 +0000, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
[…]

> Just curious, how do you handle the whole RC<RefCell<>> story in
> Gtk-rs?
>
> For me it made the point that languages with tracing GC or
> implicit reference counting are much better solution for doing
> GUI programming.

I am still not sure I have truly come to terms with the whole Rc/Arc
and RefCell stuff. It isn't so much the using them, it is trying to
decide what is the right combination for a given situation.

Big D win here due to garbage collection.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200