Question about UDAs

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Mon Aug 3 03:00:08 UTC 2020

When practically speaking would you use UDAs? A real-world
use-case? I’ve seen them in use already for core language
features instead of keywords like "pure", and I suppose this
choice keeps the number of keywords down and the result is
perhaps easier to extend. The motivation for these usages is
clear but I don’t understand how I might use them in my own code.
Ali Çehreli’s book mentions them briefly with an example but that
doesn’t seem to qualify as a realistic use-case.