LDC cross-module-inlining

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 05:54:14 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:50 AM claptrap via Digitalmars-d-learn <
digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 9 August 2020 at 22:18:13 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> If you enable link time optimisation you get cross module
> inlining,
>
> -flto=full
>
> I'm not 100% sure but I think LDC did cross module inlining by
> default at some point, then I updated the compiler and had to add
> the LTO thing. I think there is an option to enable just cross
> module inlining, but if you want speed you'll probably want to
> have LTO enabled anyway?

I am not sure but last time I checked ldc does not do cross module
inlinig by default, and LTO only help if your ldc(druntime+phobos) are
built with enabled LTO[1]

[1] https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2182#issuecomment-343166633