vibe.d and my first web service

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Aug 23 09:56:25 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 23 August 2020 at 06:41:03 UTC, Pierce Ng wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 August 2020 at 18:13:46 UTC, ddcovery wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Recently I too started to look at web frameworks for compiled
> languages. Currently playing with Free Pascal - fast compiler,
> several web frameworks to evaluate, and Object Pascal is easy
> to pick up. At the same time I checked out D and Vibe, and was
> put off by the control-c thing.
>
> [...]

Please have a look at the end of this site:
https://d-land.sepany.de/tutorials/cloud/sichere-docker-images-fuer-cloud-anwendungen-erstellen/
It describes how to build really small vibed applications on
Alpine by using docker scratch image.

Also it is possible to cache the dub package builds, but i am
writing from my mobile and have currently no example: you copy
dub.json / dub.selections.json first into your docker image.
Dub.json contains a configuration with name e.g. "prebuild" and
as far as I remember targetType "None". You execute dub build
with this configuration and after that you copy all source code
files into your docker image and build the complete application.
This will give you a lot faster docker builds.

Kind regards
Andre