Master Thesis using D Programming language.

Arun aruncxy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 22:38:57 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 19:56:49 UTC, Tariq Siddiqui wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking for a master thesis topic using D Programming
> language. Earlier I choose Design by Introspection, but I did
> not find enough material in academic journals. DbI total
> material which I found is DConf Andrei talk and the similar
> talk at Google campus, which starts with 50 Deutsche Mark story
> and ends with explaining PbD, DbI and other Dlang internals. No
> doubt that Andrei's discussion was great. DbI as a topic is
> excellent, but as per my university requirements, I was not
> able to find five articles in the last five years in any
> academic journal, to start the initial discussion about the
> research topic.
>
> I am still opened with my topic, next week, I have to submit my
> draft proposal. Till now, I did not meet my dissertation
> advisor.
>
> I am looking for something practical and less theoretical. I
> have found some thesis done using Rust, you guys as a language
> expert can these below projects be achievable using D
> Programming language.
>
> http://www.barrelfish.org/publications/ma-foellmic-bfrust.pdf
> https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1238890/FULLTEXT01.pdf
> https://github.com/Gankra/thesis/blob/master/thesis.pdf
>
> Regards,
> Tariq Siddiqui.

D for a @safer Linux Kernel was worked on by Alexandru Militaru:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weRSwbZtKu0

You can also browse the previous GSoC proposals at
https://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2019_Ideas and
https://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2018_Ideas of which some might
qualify as masters thesis. These are pretty hands on requiring
good understanding of the theory as well.

D blog had a similar post recently.
https://dlang.org/blog/2020/08/23/symmetry-autumn-of-code-2020-projects-and-participants/

--
Arun