D binary io functions

Andy Balba pwplus7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 17:15:05 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 30 August 2020 at 10:02:09 UTC, Arjan wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 August 2020 at 06:00:20 UTC, Andy Balba wrote:
>> going nuts trying to figure out which D functions will
>> read/write binary files
>
> see this blog:
> http://nomad.uk.net/articles/working-with-files-in-the-d-programming-language.html

Yes, Great, many thanks! This is the kind of online docs Dlang
needs more of.

Links for these "great docs" addressing various topics should be
collected into a Dlang.org online file, where each "great doc"
contains a link, followed by a brief description.

Getting good and useful, online file-io docs for C++ takes a few
minutes, but getting equivalent useful information on Dlang
functions took me hours, with no successful outcome.

IMHO Dlang.org online doc related to file io are too terse to be
useful to anyone trying to learn Dlang, and are only useful to
those that already familiar with them and who only need a "syntax
reminder"