Installing D on Fresh Windows 10 machine is a pain

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:28:53 UTC 2020

On Friday, 28 August 2020 at 14:36:57 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> On 28/08/2020 3:59 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>>
>> DMD installer still is unable to find "VS installed"
>
> One of the reasons for this is that the environment variables
> have not been updated.
>
> You need to restart to do this.

This might have been the issue, I don't recall it requesting a
restart and I don't know if I restarted when I had gotten it
fixed (I don't think I did).

I unistalled everything (VS and C++ redistributables) then
restarted. Installed the C++ development environment with VS and
restarted. Seems that it builds now.