How to bundle a GtkD application for Windows

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:11:22 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 29 November 2020 at 20:08:33 UTC, adnan449 wrote:
> Hello, I would be greatly thankful if I was given an easy guide
> on how to produce windows executables for GtkD applications. I
> do not have an access to a windows machine but I need to be
> able to produce installers/exe files for the windows users.
>
> Users should not have to install any dependency manually to be
> able to install my program.
> Thank you.

A useful tip.

Assuming one has a list of dependent dlls.

https://github.com/tschoonj/GTK-for-Windows-Runtime-Environment-Installer

The subfolder gtk-nsis-pack contains a required folder structure
if you want to use theme support etc. Simply put your gtkd exe in
the bin folder. You can remove redundant dlls from the bin folder
to obtain a minimal bundle for your program. The NSIS project
structure may also help to create an installer for your program.