Anybody know if I can build DMD with Visual Studio 2019?

WhatMeWorry kheaser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 22:58:53 UTC 2020

I'm trying to build DMD with Visual D under Visual Studio as
shown in the Wiki:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_under_Windows

The notes say to use the solution vcbuild:

You should be able to build DMD using the visual studio solution
found in: dmd\src\vcbuild A typical choice is to build the 64-bit
debug version (the VisualD options are named 'Release' and
'x64').  [Btw, Should that be "64-bit release version" or
"'Debug' and 'x64'"?]

I do this with Visual Studio 2019 and I'm getting errors. Should
I be using Visual Studio 2017 or even VS 2013?  Didn't want to
waste time debugging if VS2019 is not supported.