low-latency GC

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:42:00 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 6 December 2020 at 14:44:25 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> And while on the subject of low level programming in JVM or
> .NET.
>
> https://www.infoq.com/news/2020/12/net-5-runtime-improvements/

Didnt say anything about low level, only simd intrinsics, which
isnt really low level?

It also stated "When it came to something that is pure CPU raw
computation doing nothing but number crunching, in general, you
can still eke out better performance if you really focus on
"pedal to the metal" with your C/C++ code."

So it is more of a Go contender, and Go is not a systems level
language... Apples and oranges.

> As I already mentioned in another thread, rebooting the
> language to pull in imaginary crowds will only do more damage
> than good, while the ones deemed unusable by the same imaginary
> crowd just keep winning market share, slowly and steady, even
> if takes yet another couple of years.

A fair number of people here are in that imaginary crowd.
So, I guess it isnt imaginary...