Calling executable generated by dub with sudo

Selim Ozel sozel at wpi.edu
Tue Dec 8 19:57:37 UTC 2020

On Monday, 7 December 2020 at 20:34:36 UTC, Selim Ozel wrote:
> Let's say I build my package using dub run from an Ubuntu
> terminal. How can I add sudo as the executable is being run? I
> tried adding preRunCommands to my dub.sdl as described in [1]
> but that just runs sudo and terminal throws an error.
>
> Best,
> Selim
>
> [1] https://dub.pm/package-format-sdl

My solution has been slightly different. I use postBuildCommands
and use dub build package:example_backend at my terminal instead
of dub run package:example_backend.

subPackage {
	name "example_backend"
	sourcePaths "source/example_backend" "lib"
	importPaths "lib"
	targetName "example_backend"
	targetType "executable"
	dependency "mysql-native" version="~>2.2.2"
	postBuildCommands "sudo ./example_backend"
}

Best,
Selim