dub: standard project: how to build the unittest (the thing `dub test` runs)

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Dec 12 15:07:26 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 12:47:59 UTC, Tobias Pankrath
wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 12:18:47 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>>
>> In any case you should have configurations in your dub json.
>
> Thank you for your detailed reply and I am sure I can make it
> work in the way you described.
>
> But I don't think my use case is invalid and dub should improve
> its usability here.
>
> Either it is indeed necessary to provide configuration even for
> very simple projects. Than dub should generate them on `dub
> init`. Or dub allows one to just build the test without running
> them. I'd propose `dub build test` or `dub build --test` for it.
>
> What do you think?

As far as I remember someone else also requested the feature:
building a test build without executing it.
About the actual command I am not sure, maybe also `dub test
--build` could be an option.

Actually I add the configurations section to all dub projects,
therefore I would like if dub init already add it by default. But
I do not know whether this would be for other (new) users too
confusing.

Kind regards
Andre