Alias woes

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:06:00 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 21:10:20 UTC, Q. Schroll wrote:
> I don't have an answer, but aliasing non-static fields outside
> the struct isn't something one does often. This is probably a
> bug.

At least it wasn't just me overlooking something.

If it is a bug, I wonder which part of it is buggy. The random
context pointer being inserted? The 'function' being assignable
to a function variable? Both?

I'm personally leaning on the assignment being a bug at the very
least, since the compiler really should be stopping that from
happening.

As for the context pointer I'm going to just assume there's a
reason it's there in the first place. I'm 50/50 about it.

Hopefully someone with more know-how will see this and explain :(