Running unit tests from DUB single file packages

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:32:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 22 December 2020 at 15:06:09 UTC, drug wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> But what do you mean exactly by "work with dependency"? As I
>> understand, `dub test` does not run unit tests in dependencies
>> and single file packages work with dependencies in general. Do
>> you mean something else? I'm finishing the new PR to fix #2051
>> finally and I'd like to know if there is something else I
>> should include in it.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/2064

Thanks. It looks like your UT with taggedalgebraic does exactly
what I was looking for.

My problem is that run.dlang.org will skip unittests when you
have dependencies. I had made some progress on fixing this a few
months ago [1], but put it on the back burner when I ran into
similar issues that the OP was dealing with. The problem
ultimately came down to dub test not working with --single, which
it looks like this latest PR will fix for good.

[1] https://github.com/dlang-tour/core-exec/pull/56