Get the code of any D-entity as string?

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 12:20:01 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 27 December 2020 at 04:13:53 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> Not possible although implementing as a __trait would be about
> 15 lines I think.

I think that too, and it would nicely reuse the work of the
compiler to parse the whole project.

> I think read only AST access in some form would actually be
> quite nice, if not for dmd's AST being fuckugly (the hierarchy
> is fine but it's more gcc than clang)

The point is, once we have that we can decide ourselves which
framework is the best for meta modelling.

Is it pure string manipulation or token stream manipulation à la
Rust or an AST manipulation à la Nim/Scala. It can be all defined
on top.