Reading files using delimiters/terminators

Rekel paultjeadriaanse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:59:47 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 14:50:41 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Are you on Windows? If so, your double newlines might be
> \r\n\r\n, depending on what editor you used to create the
> input. Use a hexdump program to see what the newlines are in
> your input file.

I've tried \r\n\r\n as well, which sadly also did not work.
Using vscode I have also switched between CRLF and LF, which also
did not do the trick.
I'm getting the sense the implementation might have a specific
workaround for \r\n / CRLF line-endings, though I haven't checked
the sourcecode yet.

Note that this is not really a problem for me specifically, I've
long used a different approach, however it seemed like a design
issue. I'll try replicating this in isolation later, maybe
something was wrong last time I tried.