C++ or D?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:13:40 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 11:29:55 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grostad wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 09:57:01 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 07:32:31 UTC, RSY wrote:
>> nowhere. Just use D and be happy and let others use C++ and
>> let them be happy. But they should be aware that C++ *as a
>> language* has a long way to go before it gets all the features
>> etc that D has. Maybe 2023, maybe 2027, who knows. Maybe
>> that's fine for them, but not for me.
>
> Which features are you most concerned about? I think the
> feature set is quite similar. D is less verbose and is easier
> to use for high level programming, but the clang++ and g++ have
> fewer bugs and quirks than the D compilers. The biggest
> difference is that C++ cannot change much, but D can!  D really
> ought to make more of that advantage... More streamlining even
> if it breaks stuff.

I was a bit unclear. I meant features as in built in language
constructs etc, not necessarily like keywords and so on.

Hmm, regarding features I'd like in C++, maybe better
metaprogramming and fewer keywords? Haven't thought about that

https://github.com/AnthonyCalandra/modern-cpp-features