Missing D files

LorenDB computersemiexpert at outlook.com
Thu Dec 31 18:22:20 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 16:49:53 UTC, LorenDB wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 16:28:03 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
> wrote:
>> Or just replace it in the generated files in a second pass.
>
> Maybe that could be my first useful (ok, first non-"Hello
> world!") program in D.

So I've written a program that fixes these statements:
https://github.com/LorenDB/modern-d-swig. It works fine and
eliminates the error about C's string library; however, the
problem is that the linux library error is still alive and
kicking. I've looked around in the D include path and found that
there isn't even a `linux.d` file (<= The markdown bug keeps
getting me :D).

Swig is trying to import `std.c.linux.linux`. My program changes
that to `core.stdc.linux.linux`, which doesn't exist. There is a
folder in the include path called "linux" that goes like this:
`core/sys/linux/` but there isn't any linux.d file.

Looking at the Swig-generated code, I think that I might be best
off trying to import Linux's dll functions. Let me give it a go...

...and the Linux error is gone! I'll have to mark this one down
for my modernizing app.