Dub - vibe.d - hunt framework ... problems

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 14:30:36 UTC 2020

On 2/1/20 6:15 AM, seany wrote:

> $ dub init server -t vibe.d
> Package recipe format (sdl/json) [json]:
> Name [server]:
> Description [A simple vibe.d server application.]:
> Author name [root]:
> License [proprietary]:
> Copyright string [Copyright © 2020, root]:
> Add dependency (leave empty to skip) []:
> Successfully created an empty project in '/root/progs/D/server'.
> Package successfully created in server
>
> $ cd server
> $ dub upgrade
> Upgrading project in /root/progs/D/server
> The dependency resolution process is taking too long. The dependency
> graph is likely hitting a pathological case in the resolution algorithm.
> Please file a bug report at https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues and
> mention the package recipe that reproduces this error.
>

> $ dub upgrade vibe.d
> Upgrading project in /root/progs/D/server
> The dependency resolution process is taking too long. The dependency
> graph is likely hitting a pathological case in the resolution algorithm.
> Please file a bug report at https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues and
> mention the package recipe that reproduces this error.

How is your network connection to the dub server? Maybe there is a
separate problem with network connectivity.

This thing works for me (dub upgrade takes about 2.5 seconds and
finishes). How long does it take for your process to give up?

In any case, maybe the dub check to see if it's "taking too long" needs
to take into account progress that is being made (a "pathalogical case"
suggests it's not making progress).

-Steve