Dub - vibe.d - hunt framework ... problems

Danny Arends Danny.Arends at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 22:25:38 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 1 February 2020 at 20:06:42 UTC, seany wrote:
> On Saturday, 1 February 2020 at 14:42:58 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Saturday, 1 February 2020 at 10:35:52 UTC, seany wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I want to start a small server, that will be accessible form
>>> outside. Not a huge deal right?
>>> Not quite.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> What version of dub did you install? 1.19 should be the latest.
>
> PS:
> As suggested, i try to build dub from github, following:
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/releases
>
> I call ./build.d - and everything stops, and machine crashes.
>
> Same for the master branch

Hey Seany,

A quick follow up post. I think/suspect that something might be
broken in your dub installation if the mean import is not found.
This is the first import from the phobos standard library in the
project.

Could you try compiling the DaNode web server without using dub ?

git clone https://github.com/DannyArends/DaNode.git
cd DaNode
rdmd danode/server.d -p=8080

This should work, when you have a working D+Phobos standard
library installation. If this throws error of being unable to
find the canFind import (now the first one) then somehing in your
dub/dmd installation is broken and you will probably have to
reinstall dmd+dub

Kind regards,
Danny