dub for lib & app?

mark mark at qtrac.eu
Tue Feb 4 19:21:07 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 4 February 2020 at 09:21:17 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 February 2020 at 09:13:48 UTC, mark wrote:
>> Is it possible to create a dub project that has one library
>> and one or more executables (that use the library)? If so,
>> could someone point me to the docs for this since I couldn't
>> find this in the dub docs?
[snip]

> Yes, using sub packages. Set the targetType of the root package
> to None and introduce 2 sub packages of targetType Executable
> and Library.

Ah, thank you.

And if I'm doing *separate* individual projects, for an app, dub
creates source/app.d (which I rename src/app.d).

But what should it be for a library? Should it be src/package.d
along with any supporting src/one.d src/two.do etc?

And is this documented anywhere?

(I thought I'd seen dub used with a --template argument, but
can't find it; so maybe I'm mixing it up with something else?)