total newbie + IDE

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Feb 7 18:10:07 UTC 2020

On Friday, 7 February 2020 at 17:02:18 UTC, solnce wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am total newbie and trying to learn a little bit of
> programming for personal purposes (web scrapping, small
> databases for personal use etc.). I've been trying to install
> any of IDE available, but had no success.
>
> I use Manjaro, so for the most task I use its AUR, where:
>
> Dexed points to obsolete github
> (https://github.com/Basile-z/dexed)
>
> Dlangide is missing dependency (dlangide ~master depends on
> dsymbol ~>0.2.9), dub gives an error:
> .dub/packages/dlangui-0.9.182/dlangui/src/dlangui/widgets/editors.d(3797,21): Deprecation: foreach: loop index implicitly converted from size_t to int
> /usr/bin/dmd failed with exit code 1.
>
> So I've stick with Kate for the beginning, but I'll need a
> decent IDE for later.
>
> Please, can anyone help me solving  these problems?
>
> Thank you

Apparently Dlangide is no longer maintained, but it hasn't been
moved to the inactive list.

The AUR for Manjaro must be old. The new Github link for Dexed is
https://github.com/akira13641/dexed

I think most IDE users have settled on VS Code at this point.
Some others do use IntelliJ:
https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage

I'd use VS Code if I wanted an IDE just because it's what others
use.