total newbie + IDE

solnce slack000 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 13:22:56 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 8 February 2020 at 09:26:41 UTC, Marcone wrote:
> You don't need an IDE for run Dlang. I Use "Sublime Text". Very
> good for Dlang.

I am sorry if my questions appear stupid, but I am very curious.

I really enjoy Pascal having Lazarus. Although it is not
perfected, it provides very good start for beginners - native
IDE, RAD, easy to setup and adjust, integrated debugger. All that
beginners need to have for good start at no time cost. It is just
language doesn't evolve itself.

I was expecting D lang to have something similar,if not an RAD,
then native IDE with all that basic functionality support. Now it
appears that it is much more complicated - existing native IDE's
are (almost) not being maintained, doesn't compile or in similar
trouble. And it is after 13 years of in active development and
being successor (as it claims so) to C++. ADA has it, Eiffel has
it, FPC, Gambino many niche and small languages have it, why D,
which has much wider application,  cannot have it? I think that
is natural further evolution of any programming language.

You may think that is not important, but I think it is. Having
working IDE within few mouse clicks  would greatly contribute to
interest in language, attract more users of various levels and
skills, help adopt language in universities.

I didn't read trough entire forum, but I believe, there should
have been a discussion on that. So what are the opinions?

Thanks