How to compile with GtkD

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Sun Feb 9 23:03:01 UTC 2020

On 09-02-2020 12:52, mark wrote:

> I am trying to build a simple "hello world" app (from the gtkDcoding
> blog) in $HOME/app/d/gtktest (which is a dub init created directory) and
> have this dub.sdl:
>
> name "gtktest"
> description "Gtk Test"
> authors "Mark"
> targetType "executable"
> dependency "gtk-d:gtkd" version=">=3.9.0"
> importPaths "$HOME/opt/GtkD3"
> libs "libgtkd-3"

Libraries should be passed to dub / ld without the lib prefix, so that
last line would become: libs "gtkd-3"

Since dub will build a copy of the libraries listed as dependencies, you
can either remove the dependency line, or the importPaths and libs
lines. Since now you are linking against both the library build by dub
and the one on your system.

--
Mike Wey