total newbie + IDE

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 23:46:38 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 at 22:10:57 UTC, solnce wrote:

> Personally I feel this is more about lack of the vision, as
> Alexandrescu once said. Now it feels like D is mostly the
> compiler, but I think, that having one big mega project (like
> IDE+RAD) could give a new breath and significance to D language.

There's absolutely no need for an IDE to be written in D
(particularly one that supports RAD -- what would that use?
GtkD?). For one thing, it's a massive project for which the D
team does not have the resources to achieve. For another, there
are already several popular IDEs and text editors for which
plugins have been developed by community members. It would be a
waste of time and energy for the D team to work on an IDE project.

If someone is inspired to write an IDE in D (and some have been
in the past), nothing is stopping them.