Global version/debug statements in file?

Simen Kjærås simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:28:15 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 at 08:44:24 UTC, cc wrote:
> Is there some way to globally declare version= or debug=
> statements in a file and have them apply to the entire project
> being compiled?  As the documentation says these only apply to
> the module scope they exist in, and need to be added to the
> command line otherwise.  It would be a bit easier for me to
> maintain a separate .d source file when I want to add/comment
> out statements for testing than to keep updating the build
> command line.

https://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#switches

specifies that DMD may be passed a file on the command line that
contains compiler arguments and switches. This may be freely
combined with regular command line arguments if you so wish.

So, you could have a file called 'versions' containing this:

# Setting 'Compress' version
-version=Compress
# Optionally set other versions
#-version=Foo