Some impressions/notes from a new D programmer

Anonymouse zorael at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:28:57 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 at 13:36:13 UTC, mark wrote:
> Some cargo packages are applications. If I do 'cargo install
> someapp' it will be installed in $HOME/.cargo/bin. So by simply
> adding that to my PATH, I can easily use all installed rust
> apps. But dub doesn't appear to have an equivalent of this.

There is 'dub run someapp', which is good enough for some cases,
like digger[1]. But no 'dub install someapp', no.

Maybe there are some hard design decisions again $HOME/.dub/bin,
unsure. It might be difficult to globally pull off if programs
expect the binary to be placed in the source tree (for resources).

[1]: https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger