Some impressions/notes from a new D programmer

mark mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Feb 12 15:52:35 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 at 14:15:40 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 at 10:39:06 UTC, mark wrote:
>> Library Reference Documentation
>
> Have you seen my fork?
>
> http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.zip.ZipArchive.html

Yours is *much* clearer.

However, if you compare:
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.zip.html vs
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_zip.html

Yours rolls the two examples into one and doesn't show the
Standards or Usage sections. But the official page doesn't have
the Bugs section.

I also think you split into more HTML files which I prefer.
OTOH yours doesn't have the search box. Given how new I am to D,
I really need to be able to search.

> for example
>
>> The documentation doesn't seem that easy to use
>
> I generated docs for this too
>
> http://gtk-d.dpldocs.info/gtk.AboutDialog.AboutDialog.html
>
> though since it is generated from C source ultimately the
> samples there are still C! But you can navigate members
> somewhat well.

I hadn't seen this and it does looks easier to navigate. I've
bookmarked it. Thanks.