library dependencies nightmare, D edition

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 22:35:07 UTC 2020

On 2/25/20 5:26 PM, Marcel wrote:

> I can't give you the actual error messages right now, but both libraries
> have packages that define modules with the same name. For example, both
> libraries have packages with a module called "utility.d". Unfortunately,
> this isn't the only thing that causes compilation to fail though.

is this imported via:

import utility;

? or is it

import packagea.utility;

?

If the former, then that is definitely a problem I think. Two libraries
can have the same package name, but cannot have the same top-level
module name (you can't split modules).

But I think you might have a different error for that condition.

Make sure that whatever module it is complaining about has a correct
module declaration in both libraries.

i.e. even if you have:

packagea/utility.d
packageb/utility.d

and you import via:

import packagea.utility;

make sure packagea/utility.d has the module declaration:

module packagea.utility;

-Steve