library dependencies nightmare, D edition

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Feb 25 22:44:30 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:26:48PM +0000, Marcel via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> I can't give you the actual error messages right now, but both
> libraries have packages that define modules with the same name. For
> example, both libraries have packages with a module called
> "utility.d". Unfortunately, this isn't the only thing that causes
> compilation to fail though.

Are these top-level modules?  If they are contained under packages,
e.g., package1.utility vs. package2.utility, it shouldn't be a problem.

>From what you described, though, it looks like your compile command is
missing some -I flags.  I don't use VisualD so I can't help you in the
details, but if there's some settings somewhere for include paths, that
might be what you need to fix this problem.

People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise the programs they write will be pretty weird. -- D. Knuth