How to sum multidimensional arrays?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 18:11:46 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 27 February 2020 at 16:39:15 UTC, 9il wrote:
> [snip]
> Few performances nitpick for your example to be fair with
> benchmarking againt the test:
> 1. Random (default) is slower then Xorfish.
> 2. double is twice larger then int and requires twice more
> memory, so it would be twice slower then int for large matrixes.
>
> Check the prev. post, we have posted almost in the same time ;)
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/izoflhyerkiladngyrov@forum.dlang.org

Those differences largely came from a lack of attention to
detail. I didn't notice the Xorshift until after I posted. I used
double because it's such a force of habit for me to use
continuous distributions.

I came across this in the documentation.
UniformVariable!T uniformVariable(T = double)(in T a, in T b)
     if(isIntegral!T)
and did a double-take until I read the note associated with it in
the source.