How load icon from resource using LoadImage?

JN 666total at wp.pl
Sun Jan 5 13:52:27 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 5 January 2020 at 13:33:35 UTC, Marcone wrote:
> I am using this code to load icon from local directory, but I
> want to load icon from resource.res file:
>
> wndclass.hIcon  = LoadImage( NULL, "icon.ico", IMAGE_ICON, 0,
> 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE| LR_SHARED | LR_LOADTRANSPARENT);

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-loadimagea

According to the docs, the first argument is NULL only for
standalone images, otherwise you have to provide a valid
HINSTANCE.

By the way, have you managed to add the res file into the binary?
My understanding is that the res file should be added into the
exe file by the rc command before it can be used.