@disable("reason")

Marcel marcelpi97 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 21:58:59 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 8 January 2020 at 07:03:26 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 5:23:48 PM MST Marcel via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> In terms of an error message? Not really. You can put a
> pragma(msg, ""); in there, but that would always print, not
> just when someone tried to use it. I'd suggest that you just
> put the information in the documentation. If they write code
> that doesn't work because of you using
>
> [...]

Oops, it appears I didn't actually understand this part of the
language. I'm coming from C++ and I assumed both languages did
this the same way, but thankfully I found a workaround that
doesn't require doing what I wrote in the initial post and is
better in general.

I also agree with Adam, it can make for a nice little feature in
D.