Some comments on learning D using the tour

mark mark at qtrac.eu
Thu Jan 16 10:23:13 UTC 2020

Done: https://github.com/dlang-tour/core/issues/741

>> For example, I haven't found one definitive place in the docs
>> that document D's strings.
>
> https://dlang.org/spec/arrays.html#strings

I'd found that, as I mentioned, but it is unsatisfactory. For
example, it says nothing about how to iterate the characters in a
string or about the different kinds of string lengths (byte
count, code point count, grapheme count).

Strings are important enough to deserve their own chapter in the
online "D Programming Language". Such a chapter ought to have
cross-refs to arrays and draw together _all_ the relevant string
related info.