dub dustmite struggles

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Mon Jan 20 15:04:32 UTC 2020

On Monday, 20 January 2020 at 06:48:08 UTC, DanielG wrote:
> I can't seem to figure out what dub's dustmite command is
> looking for with its regexes. No matter what I try - no matter
> how simple - the initial test fails.
>
> I am able to run dustmite standalone just fine with the
> following test script:
>
> cd example
> dub 2>&1 | grep -F "ScrollView6__initZ+0xd8): undefined
> reference to \`internal'"
>
> However, when I attempt using 'dub dustmite' with
> --linker-regex (or --linker-status, even), the initial test
> always fails. I've also tried simplifying the regex on the
> assumption that I'm not escaping things properly - to no avail.
>
> Is it perhaps something to do with my project structure? My
> project is a library containing an /example subfolder,
> containing an application dub project, and that's where my
> linker error occurs, not in the library itself. So that's where
> I'm attempting to run dub dustmite as well.

In general dub Dustmite works fine, I used it several times.
Maybe it has to do s.th. with your project structure. Please
create a dub issue with an example zip.

But yes, it could take also with dub a lot of time.

One thing which caused me a lot of headaches, dmd is lies about
the error message if coloured output is on. Then the error text
lacks some characters.

Kind regards
Andre