Deprecation message from phobos compiling a vibe.d app.

MoonlightSentinel moonlightsentinel at disroot.org
Thu Jan 30 14:08:45 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 30 January 2020 at 13:05:05 UTC, drug wrote:
> That's probably triggered by some constraints. I had the issue
> like this with Nullable:
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/7324

The core problem here stems from the fact that templates are
always instantiated in the scope of the template declaration [1].
Hence dmd instantiates some template using a deprecated symbol in
a non-deprecated scope and issues these warnings.

I'm currently working on a PR [2] to resolve this issue but still
have to fix some issues when dealing with overloaded symbols as
template alias parameters.

[1] https://dlang.org/spec/template.html#instantiation_scope
[2] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/10677