Question about alias and getOverloads

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 20:51:30 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 30 January 2020 at 18:20:47 UTC, uranuz wrote:
> 2. Where in the documentation is mentioned that when I create
> alias to name that is a function or method that has overloads
> then this alias is actually an alias not only for the first or
> second or randomly selected overload in overload set, but an
> alias for all of overloads in set at the same time?
>
> Thanks. Have a good day!

It is directly implied (although not outright stated) by the
paragraph I quoted in my previous reply, which says that aliases
may be used to merge overload sets. This feature would not work
if the alias referred only to a single member of the overload set.

The documentation here could definitely use some improvement, but
I think it is at least sufficient to reassure you that the
behavior is intentional and can be safely relied upon.