getopt: How does arraySep work?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:22:57 UTC 2020

> Hm... that looks like it IS actually expecting to do what Andre wants.
> It's adding each successive parameter.
>
> If that doesn't work, then there's something wrong with the logic that
> decides whether a parameter is part of the previous argument or not.
>
> Please file a bug.

Belay that, the behavior is as designed, I think the issue is the
documentation.

If arraySep is "", then it's not "separation by whitespace", but rather
you must repeat the parameter and each one is appended to the array:

dmd -run sample.d --modelicalibs a --modelicalibs b

If you want to specify all the parameters in one, you have to provide an
arraySep.

The documentation needs updating, it should say "parameters are added
sequentially" or something like that, instead of "separation by whitespace".

-Steve