misc questions about a DUB package

DanielG simpletangent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:56:06 UTC 2020

I have some D-wrapped C libraries I'm considering publishing to
DUB, mainly for my own use but also for anybody else who might
benefit. I've never done this before so I have some questions:

- Should there be any obvious relationship between the DUB
package version and the version of the C library? What are the
best practices for connecting the two, if at all?

- I'm very much about the "full fat" D experience, so I presently
have no intention of designing my D wrappers for
betterC/the-runtime-is-lava usage. That being the case, is there
any compelling reason to avoid initializing the C library in a
'shared static this()' method? (ie automatically)